Position Overview Statement
- Working closely with Research & Development and Product Management on product design and requirements;
- Working closely with other QA and R&D engineers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering assignments in a timely manner.
- Apply engineering method for orderly, understandable execution of calculations.
- Work autonomously or act as an effective team member, exhibiting good inter-personal skills.
- Prepare technical work task/scopes.
- Develop understanding DFM (Design for Manufacturing), DFA (Design for Assembly) and DTC (Design to Cost) concepts and their appropriate application.
- Learn and apply engineering software tools and systems.
- Provide quality communications to internal customers (verbal, written and telephone).
- Learn and work in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Analytical evaluation of design – e.g., structural, thermal, vibration shock.
- Author/provide input to test specifications.
- Mockup design manufacturing and test.
- Participate in peer and technical reviews.
- Assist in developing quality assurance requirements.
- Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited institution. Advanced Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical design
- Rotating Equipment Design is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of CAD tools, 3D modeling software.
- Understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Manufacturing experience in an industrial environment.
- Solid modeling and CAD systems (SolidWorks optional AutoCAD).