Position Overview Statement
In this position, you will lead, influence, mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of software quality engineers testing our SW and products. You will grow leaders on your team and develop their skills.
You will drive continuous process improvement and increase the efficiency and quality of our test activities. You will identify and implement creative ways to monitor and reduce SQA cycle times and accelerate adoption of Continuous Integration best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Building up and leading the Testing Team to the success of project
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Deploying and managing resources for testing
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement.
- Work closely with research and development to understand customer needs and product development priorities
- Facilitate deployment and improvement of our software development practices, delivering superior results via a consistent stream of on time, high quality software releases and products.
- Drive best practices for Test automation, test execution and test management
- Lead team to apply testing methodologies, principles and process to define and implement key metrics to manage and assess process including test execution and defect resolution
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
- Drive improvements in Maintenance releases – create action plans to root cause/reduce escapes
- University degree in Electronics, Computer Science or similar education;
- 3+ years of management experience with demonstrated ability to manage teams through complex development projects within a high-tech company
- 5+ year’s SW development/testing experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Strong leadership skills, including proven abilities in motivation, coaching and conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Analytical and problem solving skills – a can-do attitude.
- Telecommunication knowledge and a good understanding of VOIP protocols;
- Very good English skills.