Position Overview Statement
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you play an important role in the system development cycle, gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as you frequently need to examine customer needs and requirements and translate them into system guidelines and architectures that shape project development as well as find ways to align the projects with enterprise-level systems and requirements.
You will meet with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding system capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle. Technically, you will act as the conduit between the customer community and the system development team through which requirements and architecture artifacts flow, while providing solution specific documentation.
- Lead and manage the solution development
- Deliver the Integrated Data Package for the project;
- Contribute to the project planning.
- Content Scope:
- Core Work package:
oRequirements Development and Management;
oTechnical Solution Development and Documentation;
oMethods and Templates;
oTender and Proposal support.
- Interface across all Departments:
- Standardize methods;
- Tool definition and training material preparation.
- Secure process alignment to Business Requirements;
- Secure seamless introduction of best practices into project context.
- Work with the product manager, and/or project sponsor to document the product’s vision and its main capabilities.
- Master degree in Systems / Electrical / Information Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years experiences in Engineering, in particular on Technical Management Systems Engineering, Operational Analysis, Requirements Analysis, System Design, Integration Verification and Validation, good knowledge in Air Traffic Control Systems, Human Factors Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Interface Management would be beneficial;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in at least one of the following areas: VoIP systems, IT&C systems and standards;
- Project Management basics;
- Process and Systems Modelling standards (BPMN, UML, SysML);
- Systems Engineering Process according to ISO 15288:2015;
- English – advanced level.
- Very good coordination and communication skills as well as assertiveness;
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in an international environment;
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information;
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say;
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements;
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops;
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation;
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff;
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering;
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.